Apitius Classic F-Style Mandolin - Black Cherry SunburstApitius
Inspired by later Loar-era mandolins and lovingly crafted by Oliver Apitius, the Apitius Classic boasts a hand-carved spruce top and flamed maple back, with curly red maple sides and neck. The top and back for the model was cut in Germany, from stock originally intended for violas. Nice wood. Hand-applied black cherry sunburst and French polish, along with the classy Apitius vine headstock inlay, give this mandolin a sophisticated feel. There's an immediate sense of a fine, classic instrument here.
- Aged European Alpine Spruce Viola Top
- Aged European Maple Viola Back
- Curly Red Maple Sides and Neck
- Ebony Fingerboard and Bridge
- Angle Cut and Tapered Peghead with Dyed Pearwood Veneer Front and Back
- Hand-cut “Apitius Vine” Inlay of Hand-Engraved Abalone and Pearl Shell
- Golden Age 15:1 Vintage Style Tuners with Matching Tailpiece.
- Bound Body and Peghead.
- Adjustable Truss Rod.
- Hand-Applied Sunburst in Black Cherry
- Hand-Applied French Polish Spirit Varnish
- Pau Abalone Position Markers
- Black/White Binding on Top, Back, and Peghead
- Adjustable Truss Rod (double rod design)
- Hot Hide Glue Construction
- Width at Nut: 29mm (1 5/32”)
- Scale Length: 355mm (14")
- Certificate of Authenticity
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Made in Mulmur, Ontario
All of our pictures are of the actual instrument for sale. You'll receive the one in these pictures! :) Please, send us an email if you'd like more info or any additional images.