Lowden S-35 Madagascar Rosewood w/ RedwoodLowden
The 35 Series is for the serious player who can appreciate a whole new world of subtle tone colours and dynamic range
Here's George Lowden's take - “What can I say about the 35 series! The longer I go on, the more I love them for their slightly understated beauty, their subtle use of figured and beautiful woods, not to mention their superb tonal definition and separation.”
Designed for Nick Webb of Acoustic Alchemy in 1994, the S model is, tonally, the most surprising of the Lowden range. Normally, small guitars have low volume and tend towards being ‘boxy’. However, the ’S’ is possibly the loudest of all the Lowden models, having a bass response and sustain that defies its size. The ’S’ is designed and braced for Bass bias.
- Redwood Top
- Madagascar Rosewood Back and Sides
- Mahogany - Rosewood Neck
- Ebony Fretboard with Ebony/Maple Bindings
- Figured Maple Body Binding
- Mahogany - Rosewood - Maple Purfling
- Gotoh Gold 510 Tuners with Ebony Buttons
- 1 3/4" Nut Width
- 24 51/64" (630mm) Scale Length
- Made in Downpatrick, Northern Ireland
All of our pictures are of the actual instrument for sale. You'll receive the one in these pictures! :) Please, send us an email if you'd like more info or any additional images.