The ‘O’ is the first standard soundbox design created by George (after much experimenting) in 1976 and the design has remained unaltered since. The second largest of the Lowden models, the ‘O’ has been likened to a ‘Jumbo’ style guitar. While at first glance this may seem accurate, the ‘O’, like all Lowdens, has a unique design and voice of it’s own. The soundbox geometry and the voicing of the bracing are both designed to increase treble response, which balances the natural bass-heavy tonal characteristics of such large-bodied guitars.
- Cedar Top
- Rosewood Back and Sides
- 5 piece Mahogany/Rosewood Neck
- Ebony Fretboard
- Rosewood Headstock Overlay
- Bocote Bridge
- Rosewood/Sycamore/Walnut/Mahogany Rosette
- Mahogany/Walnut/Sycamore/Rosewood Top Purfling
- Mahogany Binding
- Schaller M6 Gold Tuners with Ebony buttons
- 1 3/4" Nut Width
- 650mm Scale Length
- Made in Downpatrick, Northern Ireland
All of our pictures are of the actual instrument for sale. You'll receive the one in these pictures! :) Please, send us an email if you'd like more info or any additional images.