Bourgeois Slope D Banjo KillerBourgeois
Ah! The Banjo Killer! This extremely versatile Slope D is both loud and full, deep yet lush, and super dynamic. Never do you feel like the guitar is out of place--sustain and richness when playing delicately and loud yet balanced when digging in. The one in our store is no exception and a great example of Bourgeois' goal when making a BK.
Here's Dana Bourgeois on it:
"The BK Slope D has a deep, broad tone. Through wood selection and voicing, we push it in the direction of a bigger bottom end, a "lush" top end, and greater volume, similar to the characteristics of Bryan's original Banjo Killer. When I first started making slope shouldered dreadnoughts, I went for something as different as possible from the balanced and focused sound of my standard . The Banjo Killer gets me back to that original idea."
- Bearclaw Figured Sitka Spruce Top
- Figured Mahogany Back and Sides
- 14 Fret Ziricote Fretboard
- Ziricote Belly Bridge with 2.2" Spacing
- Wood Rosette
- Ziricote Head Veneer
- Ivoroid Body Binding
- Black/Maple/Black Purfling on Top, Back, and Sides
- Multicolor Herringbone Backstrip
- Mahogany Dana Bourgeois Head Shape
- Bourgeois Logo Head Inlay
- Tiny MOP Dots Fretboard Inlay
- Ivoroid Fretboard Binding
- Vintage Style Pickguard
- Dana Bourgeois Signature Label
- Nickel Plated Waverly Tuners with Ivoroid Buttons
- Nut Width - 1 23/32"
- Scale Length - 25.5"
- Made in Lewiston, Maine
All of our pictures are of the actual instrument for sale. You'll receive the one in these pictures! :) Please, send us an email if you'd like more info or any additional images.