Atkin D-28 RetrospectiveAtkin
Atkin's take on the classic prewar D28. A lovely, full, dynamic dreadnought with power and projection to spare--courtesy of the deep body and scalloped bracing. This guitar has a huge sound and is stunning with its 28-style touches!
Atkin adds this:
"The most popular steel-string guitar of all time, the dreadnought is a design classic. The Atkin Dreadnought is based on the pre-war Martin models of the 1930s. We’ve been building and repairing this style of guitar longer than any other and, as with the J-45, every vintage example we’ve worked on has taught us something different. With its deep body and scalloped braces, the Atkin Dreadnought puts out an incredibly strong, full sound. It’s one of the biggest sounding guitars we (or anyone else) makes and it really stands out when you’re playing alongside other instruments, live or in the studio."
- Torrified Sitka Spruce Top
- East Indian Rosewood Back and Sides
- Mahaogany Neck
- East Indian Rosewood Headstock Overlay
- Ebony Fretboard
- Ebony Bridge
- Pre-War Scalloped Bracing
- Zipper Style Backstrip
- Atkin Decal Logo
- Adjustable Double Action Truss Rod
- Black/White/Black Rosette
- Herringbone Purfling
- Grained Ivoroid Binding
- Age Toned Relic Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish
- Bone Nut and Saddle
- Nickel Gotoh Tuners
- White Celluloid Side Dots Fret Markers
- Mother of Pearl Fret Markers
- Nut Width - 1 11/16"
- Scale Length - 25.4" Scale
- Atkin Embosed Hiscox Pro II Case
- Made in Canterbury, England
All of our pictures are of the actual instrument for sale. You'll receive the one in these pictures! :) Please, send us an email if you'd like more info or any additional images.