From Nechville --
"Every aspect of a Nechville banjo has been designed for acoustical superiority, convenience, comfort and aesthetics. You'll benefit from the finely crafted details and artistic approach that goes into all Nechville instruments, and you'll have plenty reasons for pride when owning an Orion.
As you take the Nechville Orion into your grasp your attentiveness becomes focused on musical execution. The design and feel of the Orion will inspire your best playing. Your left hand slides smoothly and effortlessly over the fancy maple and ebony neck. You feel the comfort and sleekness of the polished frets, and you realize that the silky smooth and solid feel of your ORION is just the beginning of the magic.
The 7 to 12" compound radius of the fret board provides the comfort and quality that offers you noting accuracy and clarity of tone. This dynamic shape gives you the slimmest feel with maximum structural integrity for strength of tone. Not only is it easier to form chords and other left hand positions, but you also get clean distinctive and full bodied musical notes. You'll clearly hear the difference when you notice the total absence of sonic interference that is ever present in other traditional banjos. The Orion's slightly wider profile gives you plenty of room for chokes and slides. Extra wide frets form a secure foundation for the strings' anchor point on the fret board while giving you longer-lasting frets. You'll gain inspiration from the artistic Antler theme Inlay. These features add up to equal incredible musical power from every note played on the Orion.
Nechville has created the Orion Heli-Mount that blends traditional banjo inlay art and design with the ultimate banjo pot design.
The neck starts with premium Maple and is fashioned the old way, by hand. The fingerboard is real ebony. The inlay is a work of art depicting the shapes of antlers.
In Nechville's quest for uncommonly great sound and function, we have incorporated the time-tested combination of a bell bronze, pre-war style tone ring with a three-ply hard rock maple steam bent rim. Nechville coaxes every bit of tone from its own proprietary ring by machining the rim to acoustically superior dimensions and capping it with a stainless steel mounting ring. Unique "Cyclotronic tone spheres," roll on top of this ring, beneath the tone ring. This allows easy, quick head adjustment and mounting the tone ring without the dampening effect inherent in other designs, as well as unrestricted resonance and beauty of tone."
- AAA Premium Tiger Stripe Maple Neck and Resonator
- High Quality Durable Finish
- Durable Corona Heli-Mount Frame
- Slightly Wider, Comfortable Neck Profile
- Exotic Blonde Curly Maple Binding with Black/White Stripe
- Artistic Antler Inlay
- Planetary Style Tuning Pegs
- 20 Hole Bell Bronze Tone Ring
- Nechville's Exclusive Cyclotronic Rolling Rim Pot System
- 3 Ply Maple Rim
- Select Ebony Fingerboard with Compound 7-12" Radius Shape
- Premium Hard Shell Case, with Adjustment Tools and Manual
- Lifetime warranty
- Patented Heli-Mount Frame
- Adjustable Radiused Neck Attachment
- Stainless Steel Two Way Truss Rod
- Extra Wide, Long Lasting Frets
- Nechville's Supreme Quality Finish
- GHS Strings: .010, .012, .014, .022, .010
- Remo Medium Crown Head
- Side Position Dots
- Nechville In-Line Tailpiece
- Nechville Enterprise Bridge
- Heli-Mount and Allen Wrenches
- Lifetime Warranty
Made in Bloomington, Minnesota
All of our pictures are of the actual instrument for sale. You'll receive the one in these pictures! :) Please, send us an email if you'd like more info or any additional images.